SCAD invites SCAD students, alumni, professors and staff to submit entries for the annual “Small Works” juried exhibition on view at SCAD’s Gutstein Gallery Nov. 11 through Jan. 10. Works must measure 18 inches or less in all directions, including the frame, if applicable. All work must be for sale and the artist price may not exceed $400. There is no limit to the number of entries an artist may submit, although a concise body of work is encouraged. Artwork in all mediums will be accepted.
Submissions must include the following:
1. Image(s) of individual works, image files with the artist’s name and the work title in the file name. Images must show completed work(s) and images of 2-D pieces must incorporate the frame if the artwork isframed.
- Example: Smith_James_self portrait with rainbow wig.jpg
2. Word document including the below details.
- Contact information: name, mailing address, email address, phone number and current SCAD status (examples: M.F.A. painting student; B.F.A. photography alumni, 2010; professor of foundation studies).
- Checklist: title of work, medium, dimensions (framed and unframed), year, edition information (if applicable) and artist price.
- Retail price / artist price: Please note that the retail price is the amount the buyer pays and the artist price is the amount the artist receives when the piece is sold. Artist price is marked up 30 percent for current students and 50 percent for alumni, professors and staff. SCAD recommends artists first determine a reasonable retail price then calculate the artist price using the below formula.
Retail price ÷ 1.3 (current student) or 1.5 (alumni, professors and staff) = artist price
3. A résumé or CV in a word document including exhibition history separated into group and solo shows, awards and honors. Please do not include contact information or graphics.
Deadline for submissions is midnight, Sunday, Oct. 12.
Incomplete or incorrect submissions will not be considered. Artists will be notified of a decision in a timely fashion.
Email submissions to Christopher Constas with Artist name: Small Works, 2014 in the subject line.
Please limit submission emails to no more than 1 MB.